Acting on our credo—“rethink, rebuild, renew”—New Resource Bank seeks to model sustainability with our LEED Gold–rated headquarters, ongoing initiatives to reduce our resource consumption, community contributions and programs that educate and engage customers.
Our employees are passionate about our mission. Our Sustainability Engagement Program, which all employees participate in, is the epicenter of employee learning about sustainability. The Green Team created our environmental policy and our sustainability challenge to challenge us to think and act sustainably in our internal practices and at home.
Here are some of the ways we promote sustainability at the bank and in the community.
Reducing our environmental footprint
- New Resource purchases renewable energy and water restoration credits through TerraPass to offset electricity and water for office and company travel usage.
- We reuse, recycle and compost in pursuit of our goal to divert 90 percent of our waste from landfill.
- Our Green IT initiative made us one of America’s Greenest Banks in 2010, according to Bank Technology News.
- We buy remanufactured toner cartridges and chlorine-free paper products with 35–100 percent recycled content.
- We promote and subsidize public transit use and commuting alternatives, and offer ride share options to all employees for meetings and appointments.
Contributing to our community
- We finance socially and environmentally responsible organizations that are working to build a better world. (See Who We Finance for details.)
- Every swipe of a New Resource Bank Planet-Smart Debit Card (standard with every checking account) earns cash for our nonprofit partners. (See Impact Debit Card for details.)
- We offer reduced rates on nonprofit banking services.
- New Resource employees actively participate in community activities and organizations.
Educating and connecting customers
- Our re:think speaker/networking series brings industry experts, thought leaders and customers together to foster community, encourage dialogue and expand our sustainability thinking.
- Periodic brown bag lunches give our clients the chance to talk about common issues and potential areas of collaboration.
- We actively work to connect our clients with each other to help them grow their business and to deepen the community ties we all share.
Sustainability certifications and awards
- Best for the World B Corporation for five years in a row
- San Francisco–certified Green Business
- LEED Gold headquarters
- See the full list of awards won here